Getting late for work? No time for breakfast? Or hungry on a flight or a long stretch food gap between lunch and dinner? There may be too many situations where a sudden hunger pang can pop up especially the midnight hunger are worst. Thousand types of hungers and the answer is almond coconut bars! Easy to make, tasteful yet full of energy. Here is a quick way to prepare it so whenever these hunger pops out anytime, you have Almond & Vitamin Rich Coconut Bars for you.
- Prep-time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Serves: 2
- ½ cup of shredded coconut
- 1 cup of almonds
- ¼ cup of almond butter
- ¼ cup of coconut oil/ghee
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 ounces 75% dark chocolate
- 2 tsp stevia (or ½ cup of raw honey)
- Blend almond and shredded coconut in a food processor until it resembles coarse sand.
- Remove mixture from the food processor and place it in a bowl.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients except the chocolate and mix well.
- Place the mixture on a baking sheet and give it a square shape.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler and drizzle over the coconut bar.
- With a knife, cut into bars. Refrigerate for 5 more minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
You can substitute almonds with cashews.
These lip-smacking almond bars tastes yummy enough not only to be a desert but also enjoyed as a snack for WeBeingFit. They are new go-to DIY energy bar alternative. These no bake and super easy homemade almond coconut bars are a sugar-free healthy and delicious snack! Made simply with almonds, coconut, almond butter, and honey or stevia and dark chocolate.