Don’t you feel the need to cut the carbs by getting rid of the toast bread and heavy muffins every morning? A perfect make ahead breakfast couldn’t be better than these Bacon Egg Muffins. You can just wave a bye to cereals and jump upon this delicious yet healthy start for the day. On your busy weekday mornings, this easy to go breakfast can be a true Savior. There are many ways to personally customize it, with an egg style or your favorite flavors to add on. Perfectly suitable for your taste by adding your favorite veggies in it, it takes around 30 minutes to get done with this easy to cook first meal of the day.
- Serves: 2
- Prep-time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
High with proteins and Low in Carbs: Crispy Bacon Egg Muffins
The Secret Ingredients:
- 2 Tbsp. ghee
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 2 Slices of bacon
- 1 Yellow pepper
- ½ Small carrot
- 3 Ounces of broccoli
- ¼ Teaspoon of salt
- 4 Muffin cups
- 4 Paper muffin liners (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°f.
- Grease the muffin cups with the ghee; or line the cups with the paper muffin liners, if preferred.
- Chop all the vegetables.
- Place the two slices of bacon in the oven for 5 minutes or until done.
- Process the bacon in a food processor.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and add all the ingredients.
- Pour this mixture over the 4 muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- You can substitute the ghee with coconut milk.
This is definitely a great source to keep you full, energized as well as satisfied all day long. This may look a bit overdone but tastes really good. The bacon egg muffins aren’t just going to delight your taste buds but can keep you active, fit and healthy with protein richness present in it. We Being Fit couldn’t compromise on your health, so we make sure you eat better every morning.