Wondering why chocolate doughnuts because its everything a chocolate lover craves for. These moist and dark doughnuts are a heavenly treat especially when it comes with a combination of a pinch of spices that makes it never like before.
- Prep-time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 2
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup of coconut milk
- 2 tbsp of raw honey
- ¼ cup of pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil/ghee
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- ½ cup of almond flour
- ¼ cup of coconut flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- A pinch of ground nutmeg
- A pinch of ground ginger
- A pinch of ground cloves
- A pinch of ground cardamom (optional)
- A pinch of sea salt
- 8 ounces of 75% dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease your doughnut pan with coconut oil.
- In a food processor, blend the eggs, coconut milk, pumpkin puree, honey, coconut oil and vanilla for a few seconds.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients except the chocolate and blend for 10 more seconds.
- Pour the batter into the pan, fill 75% of the cavities and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the pan and let doughnuts cool for a few minutes.
- Repeat until you finish the batter.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and put it into a bowl.
- Dip the top of each doughnut into the melted chocolate.
- Serve and enjoy!
- You can substitute pumpkin puree with applesauce.
These doughnuts are sugar-free, gluten-free with the natural sweetness of chocolate and honey. These are a treat for someone who is on diet but is chocolate or sweet lover. So now you don’t have to crave for doughnuts when on a diet because WeBeingFit here is helping you to make a sugar free doughnut which is full of nutrients.