What’s the first thing comes in our mind after listening or reading word muffins? A sweet dish, right. But many of us don’t like to have sweet in the morning so WeBeingFit is presenting the fat-free recipe of baked ham and eggs muffin. It is a low-calorie recipe and takes on 20 minutes to be cooked. So let’s start cooking.
- Prep-time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Serves: 2
- 2 medium eggs
- 4 slices of ham
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil/ghee
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 leek
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 ramekins
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease the ramekins with coconut oil.
- Thinly chop the garlic.
- Slice the leek.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and mix them with the garlic and leek slices.
- Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Put 2 slices of ham into each ramekin.
- Pour the eggs mixture evenly over the ham slices.
- Place the ramekins with the eggs on a baking tray and put them into the oven. Bake for 15 minutes or until eggs are firm.
- Take out of the oven.
- Serve and enjoy!
- You can substitute the leek with an onion.
These ham muffins are perfect for a quick breakfast on a busy day as it is full of protein and vitamin and gives you enough energy for the entire day ahead. If you bored of having same omelets or muffins every day in breakfast then these ham muffins are all you need for an easy and quick change.