Summertime is a season where you prefer more of salads and less of hot spicy dishes. Bacon and Broccoli Tabbouleh are one such kind where you can enjoy the bowl full of healthy veggies with Bacon. Tabbouleh is a dish made with broccoli, lemon juice, and tomatoes; here is a little twist to the dish by adding toppings of potatoes, almonds, and cashew to enrich the quality of the flavors. However, you can use your toppings if you don’t want to stick to my rules. This is an easy & fast recipe; it’s a bit salty, creamy and juicy. The delicacy is a combination of bacon, broccoli, lemon juice, and a lot more enticing ingredient and veggies mixed together. Salads may sound like a healthy boring dish but this one is indeed a tempting mouth watery one. A light one yet satisfying your stomach.
- Serves: 2
- Prep-time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
Healthy first, tasty second: Fresh Bacon Broccoli Tabbouleh
- 4 ounces of bacon
- 2 cups of broccoli
- ½ onion
- ½ cup of parsley
- ½ cup of coriander
- 1 cup of potatoes
- 2 tbsps of almonds
- 2 tbsps of cashews
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil/ghee
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup of lemon juice
- Sea salt to taste
- Blend broccoli, cashews, and onion in a food processor and mix them until mixture resembles rice.
- Pour it into a large bowl and add the lemon juice. Mix well.
- Chop the parsley, coriander, and almonds and add it to the bowl.
- Chop the garlic into little pieces and the bacon into small squares.
- Heat the coconut oil in a skillet at high heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove the garlic from heat.
- Cook the bacon for 5-6 minutes at medium heat.
- Remove from heat and add it to the blended broccoli.
- Mix well and add salt to taste.
- Cut the potatoes into cubes and sauté for 8 minutes. Add it to the broccoli mixture. Mix well.
- Serve and Enjoy!
- You can substitute bacon with chicken.
This is a quick pick dinner recipe, usually preferred when you are on a strict or healthy diet that could fill your belly sufficiently. Salads are love and the best part is, unlike other dishes, salads can be made extremely hunger-friendly. Veggies your pick sauces your pick and toppings your pick! It is not like sticking to the recipe but more of creative ideas, but WeBeingFit suggested Bacon and Broccoli Tabbouleh is a really mind refreshing dinner to consume so try it out.