Carbs are not always good but eating healthy carbs are essential for our body. One can find many vegan sweet potato recipes so I decided to mix carbs with proteins, yes you read it right carbs with proteins because in this salad I will combine sweet potatoes with bacon and eggs. This colorful bowl of health contains many flavors and textures that will fascinate your taste buds.
- Prep-time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 2
- 1 Medium sweet potato
- 2 Eggs
- 4 Slices of bacon
- 4 Tbsp. of parsley
- 2 Tbsp. of lemon juice
- Heat one sauce pan with ½ litre of water and let it boil. Once boiling, place the eggs inside the water for 7 minutes.
- Fry the bacon in a stainless steel pan.
- Chop the fried bacon slices.
- Peel and dice the sweet potato. Add it to the pan and cook until the potato is tender.
- Chop the parsley.
- Peel the eggs, dice and stir them with the parsley, sweet potato, bacon and lemon juice.
- You can substitute bacon with 4 ounces of chicken breast.
This cold sweet potato salad is a treat for everyone who always wanted to start their day healthy carbs and proteins as well. This recipe is gluten-free, mayo-free, and oil-free that’s why it is completely suitable for the people on weight loss plan.